Teaching Credentials and Experience:
- I have been teaching yoga classes, workshops, trainings, and trips since 1997
- Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher. Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500. Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Trainer/Continuing Education
- MS in education from UO
- Neelakantha Meditation Practioneer
- Trained in yoga therapeutics, restorative yoga, yoga philosophy and anatomy
Courses on campus: Hatha I, II and III, Meditation.
Courses off campus: Deep Relaxation, Yoga Nidra and Hatha Yoga. I am on the faculty of Two Birds Yoga Teacher Training. I developed and lead Shakti’s Garden Deep Yoga studies. Annual Yoga Campout. Women’s Yoga Backpack.
My heartfelt desire is to help students remember that they are whole, healthy, unique, and capable of becoming thriving members of the world community. Yoga offers lifelong tools and skills to navigate the complexity of modern life in the physical, mental, and metaphysical realms. Yoga asana, pranayama, philosophy, meditation and relaxation all serve as gateways to understanding, loving and expressing the highest part of the self in a myriad of ways. I love working with young adults pursuing their dreams as they grow and become more of themselves. The students inspire me to be my best self and I am honored to be part of their UO experience.
In my free time I enjoy hiking, gardening, yoga, and family life. Fun fact: I travelled around the world for one year in 1989–90, from Switzerland to India, Nepal, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. I’ve never been the same since!