Free Fitness Orientation
Learn how to properly operate our fitness equipment and navigate our facilities and programs with a free fitness orientation. Rec Center staff will show you how to use cardio and strength machines, discuss area policies, and familiarize you with Rec Fitness Programs. This is not a personal training session.
To schedule an appointment, contact Andy Karch at email@example.com or 541-346-8670.
Want to ensure your fitness practices are safe and effective? Our certified personal trainers teach you the ins and outs of effective training while helping you develop short- and long-term fitness goals, create a personalized workout plan, and increase exercise knowledge and techniques.
Initial Training Package
All new clients begin with the initial training package. This $55 package includes two, 60-minute training sessions. During session one, you will review health history, perform initial physical assessments, and set fitness goals. During session two, you will receive instruction on proper exercise techniques and implement your individualized workout program.
|Number of Sessions||30-Minute Sessions||Cost per Session||60-Minute Sessions||Cost per Session|
Buddy Training (2–3 participants)
|Number of Sessions||60-Minute Sessions||Cost per Session|
How to Sign Up
- Fill out the initial registration form online.
- You will be contacted via email within 48 business hours to schedule a day and time for your first session.
- Bring your full payment to the first session, where you will complete an initial assessment so your trainer can determine the best plan to help you reach your goals. This includes health history, setting goals, movement assessments, and any biometrics you wish to take.
Due to extremely high demand, you may not be immediately matched with a trainer. You will be notified within two business days. If we are unable to assign you a trainer, your information will be kept and we will contact you again when a potential opening arises. Thank you for your patience and interest in our program!
Fitness assessments help our trainers gauge your current level of fitness in order to create a customized workout plan. Each session begins with a postural check, movement screens, resting heart rate, resting blood pressure, height, weight, and body composition.
The body composition assessment is used to measure your body’s levels of lean and fat tissue. After these assessments have been made, our trainers can more effectively develop strategies to reach your goals.
|Fitness Assessment||60-minute session||$30|
|Body Composition||30-minute session||$20|
How to Sign Up
- Fill out the initial registration form online or come to the Rec Service Center to fill out a paper form.
- You will be contacted via email within 48 business hours to schedule a day and time for your session.
- Bring your full payment to the first session, where you will complete an initial assessment with your trainer, including a health history.
- Wear shorts, T-shirt, and athletic shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the test.
- Abstain from tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine for 3 hours prior to the test.
- Avoid exercise or vigorous physical exercise the day of the assessment. It's best if the assessment is the first exercise you perform for the day.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep (6–8 hours) the night before the assessment.
- Avoid scheduling an assessment if you have recently been ill.
*Must have a Rec Center membership to participate in all of these fitness programs.
Custom Group Workouts
Bring any PE and Rec fitness class to your group for a private session—perfect for student and staff meetings, special events, and trainings!