The Department of Physical Education and Recreation operates our membership durations, facility hours, and facility closures based on the University Academic Calendar. Information of closures can be found on our detailed facility hours page. Recurring closures each year include, but are not limited to:
- Weekends during academic break periods (winter break, spring break, pre-summer hours, pre-fall hours)
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Annual Maintenance Shutdown (generally two weeks at the end of August)
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day through the Sunday after Thanksgiving
- Winter Break (end of fall term through start of winter term)
- Christmas Day
The Student Recreation Center follows the university academic calendar. All memberships are based on the academic term. Fall, winter, spring, and summer are 10 academic weeks and one finals week, with additional weeks added depending on university break periods. Hours of operation are also based on the academic schedules with closures or shortened hours during finals and break periods.
$0*–$120 per term
$135 per term
$180 per term
* The Student Recreation Center membership is included in student fees for full-time UO students. Students using Faculty/Staff Tuition Benefit are not assessed recreation fees and do not gain access to the SRC. A student rate membership can be purchased each term.
Membership Date Ranges for 2022-2023 Academic Year
|Fall Term 2022||September 12–December 9|
|Winter Term 2023||January 3–March 24|
|Spring Term 2023||March 27–June 16|
|Summer Term 2023||June 20–September 15
(closed for annual maintenance: August 26–September 10)
Day and Multi-Visit Passes
All guests without membership must purchase a pass to enter the Rec Center.
We offer guest passes varying in length from 1–20 visits. We also provide child day passes for a reduced rate.