HSI Adult First Aid and Adult CPR/AED Course
The HSI Adult First Aid, CPR/AED course develops CPR, AED, and first aid skills to respond to an adult in a medical emergency.
Registration priority is given to UO students, faculty members, and staff. Community offerings are limited to available space.
- This blended course includes 2–3 hours of online videos and a 4-hour, in-class practical skills session, led by an authorized instructor.
- Once registered, approximately one week prior to skill sessions, participants will receive an email with a link to complete the online coursework. The online component must be completed prior to their scheduled practical skill session.
- Certifications are valid for two years.
- HSI’s First Aid and resuscitation programs conform to national standards and are based on the same scientific guidelines and treatment recommendations used by the American Heart Association and American Red Cross for course development.
How to Register
Participants must register at least 48 hours in advance. Registration is available online for campus partners, or in-person registration is available at the Student Recreation Center Welcome Desk.
- UO student, faculty member, and staff rates:
- Adult First Aid, CPR/AED: $75 per person
- First Aid, CPR/AED for All Ages: $85 per person (includes additional hour of classroom time)
- Community rates:
- Adult First Aid, CPR/AED: $90 per person
- First Aid, CPR/AED for All Ages: $100 per person (includes additional hour of classroom time)
Register for CPR and First Aid Training
General Course Information
- All courses are held in Mat Room SRC 47 or SRC 87 Wet Classroom in the Student Rec Center.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to class time. Late arrivals will be required to reschedule.
- Do not attend class if you are ill; arrangements can be made to reschedule.
- Wear clothing that is appropriate for you to be moving, including kneeling on the floor.
- Classes may be canceled or rescheduled if minimum enrollment is not met.
The course schedule is available on RecWeb.
Certification for all ages (includes adult, child and infant components) is available on specific dates. Pediatric certification is only available to those who pay the additional $10 fee at registration. Failure to pay this fee at registration requires an additional $20 fee and completion of an additional online course. Adult-only certification is included in classes for all ages at the regular rate.
Participants must complete the online videos prior to attending the in-person practical skills training. If either portion of the training is not complete individuals will be required to register and pay for another course.
Schedule a Class for a Department or Group
We require a minimum of 10 participants to schedule a group class. Request a class for a department or group by completing the request form (link below). We request a minimum of four weeks’ notice to schedule a course.
Do not use this link unless you are scheduling for a group of 10 or more participants.
Request a CPR and First Aid Class
For additional information, please email email@example.com.