Medic CPR, AED, and First Aid for Adults Course
The Medic First Aid BasicPlus course develops CPR, AED, and first aid skills to respond to an adult in a medical emergency. Registration priority is given to UO students, faculty, and staff. Community offerings are limited to available space.
- This blended course includes 2–3 hours of online videos and a 4-hour, in-class practical skills session, led by an authorized instructor.
- Once registered, participants will receive an email with a link to the online course. The online component must be completed prior to scheduled practical skill session.
- Certifications are valid for two years.
- Medic First Aid's resuscitation programs conform to national standards and are based on the same scientific guidelines and treatment recommendations used by the American Heart Association and American Red Cross for course development.
How to Register
Register at the Student Recreation Center Welcome Desk or online at least 48 hours in advance.
- UO students, faculty, and staff rates:
- BasicPlus: $60 per person
- PediatricPlus: $70 per person (includes additional hour of classroom time)
- Community rates:
- BasicPlus: $85 per person
- PediatricPlus: $95 per person (includes additional hour of classroom time)
BasicPlus Course Schedule
- All courses are held in Mat Room 47 or Wet Classroom.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to class time. Late arrivals will be required to reschedule.
- Do not attend class if you are ill; arrangements can be made to reschedule.
- Wear clothing that is appropriate for you to be moving including kneeling on the floor.
- Classes may be canceled or rescheduled if minimum enrollment is not met.
|July 8, 2022||9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.|
|July 27, 2022||9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.|
|August 4, 2022*||9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.|
|August 9, 2022||10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.|
* PediatricPlus component is available on these dates. Individuals register for the PediatricPlus course ($70/$95) at the Welcome Desk or by emailing email@example.com.
Schedule a Class for a Department or Group
Request a class for a department or group by completing the request form. A minimum of ten participants are required to schedule a group class. We request a minimum of four weeks’ notice to schedule a course.
- Participants must complete the online videos prior to attending the in-person practical skills training. If either portion of the training is not complete individuals will be required to register and pay for another course.